Never allow the facial wrinkles to spoil your beauty
Wasn’t your skin looking more beautiful, smooth and glorious in your college day pictures? You may be wondering why your skin is no longer as lustrous. The answer is simple: you are aging. When it comes to aging, you have to admit that the most inevitable and unavoidable part of this natural process is wrinkled. It does not matter, how gracefully you age; no one wants those fine lines on their faces. Sadly, wrinkles affect more than just the face; they can affect different parts of the body. The parts most commonly affected by wrinkles are:
- Backs of hands
- Tops of forearms
Though different parts of the body are affected, facial wrinkles are the major complaint about most patients, as they are more visible. What exactly are facial wrinkles? Have you noticed those folds, creases or fine lines on your forehead and around the eyes, or the chin? Those lines may not be clearly visible right now, but with time, they become deeper and more prominent. So, if you are noticing them right now, take steps to keep them away from being noticed by others. Wrinkles cannot be kept at bay forever, but you can prolong the period during which your face is youthful and wrinkle free.
Different factors causing wrinkles
Age is not the only culprit behind every line on your face; there are several other factors that are equally responsible for the appearance of wrinkles. Some of these elements contribute to the development of wrinkles to a degree that is equal to the effects of age. These factors are:
- Excessive exposure to the sun
- Harsh chemicals
- Facial expressions
Five ways to prevent facial wrinkles
A wrinkle-free, beautiful glowing skin is desired, but not achieved by all. Like anything else, our skin also demands care and attention. Though the conserving time for taking proper care of the skin is difficult in today’s busy schedule, it is not impossible. You only need to dedicate a little time to keeping your skin wrinkle free and beautiful for a longer period. Let’s have a look at ways in which you can protect your skin:
- 1. Minimize the skin exposure to the sun: Though sunlight is a major source of vitamin D, overexposure to the sun accelerates the skin aging process. To avoid this, wear a hat, sunglasses, scarves, etc. to keep your skin protected from sunlight. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen lotion before leaving the house to protect the areas of your skin that get exposed to the sun.
- 2. Say goodbye to smoking– Research has shown people with smoking habits tend to develop more wrinkles than those who don’t smoke. Results of Twin research unit at St. Thomas Hospital in London have shown that people with smoking habits have a 40% greater chances of developing wrinkles and having thinner than the other group of nonsmokers.
- Lie on your back– Develop a habit of lying on your back when you sleep, and not on your sites as this restricts the chances of skin damage.
- 4. Follow a proper diet: There is no alternative to developing good eating habits when it comes to health, beauty and well being. Your daily food chart should be rich in fruits and vegetables. Fish are also great for the skin, especially oily fish like Salmon. Adopt a healthy and balanced diet as your everyday routine, and your skin will thank you.
- 5. Get enough sleep: If you want a beautiful glowing skin, you should get adequate sleep. That is 7-8 hours of shut-eye every night. Inadequate sleep increases the secretion of the hormone cortisol, which negatively impacts the skin.
- Use anti-aging products: Not all anti-aging products are effective, but if you use the right products, they can help you keep your skin hydrated, fresh and youthful.
How to conceal already existing wrinkles
Though Prevention is always a better idea than cure, sometimes you need a quick fix for a problem that has already occurred. If the ship has already sailed, the previous steps may be sufficient to prevent further damages, but not to give you the appearance you want. In that case, you will need to take extra care of your skin.
- Hydrate your skin: As you get older, your skin becomes a bit dry. When the skin gets dry, wrinkles and fine lines get easy access, and the only solution is to moisturize the skin. Moisturizers help to lock the moisture and keep the skin hydrated for longer periods of time. Eventually, they help conceal your wrinkles, so they aren’t visible.
- Make-up: This method is the easiest way to hide your fine lines and wrinkles. This quick and easy fix is only temporary, however, and it should be used in conjunction with the other sites that help solve the problem rather than conceal it.
- Avoid excessive washing: Dermatologist believes that excessive washing can make your skin dry. When cleaned, the skin loses its natural oil and moisture that prevent wrinkles. To avoid this try washing your face only twice a day, and do so gently. Use a soft towel and gently pat your face dry.
- Medical treatment: There are several medications and techniques that can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and make those fine lines less visible. Contact a dermatologist if you feel that your skin needs professional care. He or she will help you choose the best products and procedures to get the best results.
- Anti-aging products – there are a lot of products today that minimize existing wrinkles and slow down an appearance of new ones. For example, Solvaderm’s Stemuderm is one of the best and most effective products of this type. This anti-aging solution addresses all problems of skin aging and minimizes wrinkles to restore youthful skin appearance. It is made of natural ingredients that make your skin smooth, firm, and hydrated. Moreover, this treatment improves collagen production and restores elasticity of your skin. The product should be applied to clean face, neck and cleavage. Apply it with your fingertips in circular motions twice a day (morning and night) as part of your daily skin care routine.
Stopping time in its tracks and keeping a youthful wrinkle free complexion is something almost everybody aspires for. To accomplish this, you must take proper care of your skin. We may not be able to stop time, but we can restrain the other factors that play a major role in skin aging. Most importantly, you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid premature skin aging and age gracefully.